Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First art project of the year. My Bedroom

This year I took a huge risk in painting my room orange. I was inspired by this image that I found online of "Urban bedrooms" I really liked the use of bright color to create a calm and peaceful setting. I'm not a girl that likes pastels so I thought this would be a great blue print for my new room.

Photobucket

Below is phase two and my best Jeff is helping me paint.

Photobucket


Alas!Finally below is the finish product.

Photobucket

I didn't want to completely replicate the picture I found online, but I wanted to capture the feel and the essence. Instead of using the record frames I opted for my favorite poster of Julie Plug in the background.

Below are the Muji wooden figures that I've collected throughout my travels and I'm pretty stubborn about not getting shelves for them, so I've managed to crowd 5 cities onto one dresser.

Photobucket

So there's my bedroom. It's my favorite bedroom that I've ever designed. The orange does not make me tense or manic. It's a great space to come home to. I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment