Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Patrick Caufield

If I could own an art gallery it would only contain his work.

Patrick Caufeld 1936-2005

Photobucket

The first time I saw his art was at the Tate Modern museum in London. I came across this print and was instantly fascinated. Mostly popular in the UK he broke out in the 1960's being mainly associated with the Pop Art Movement. Andy Warhol will always stand the test of time, and I am sad that Caufield is often overlooked.

Photobucket

The color grabbed instantly. Who knew that a lonely bowl of fruit could evoke sadness? Yes I know I'm emo, but at least I like art with color, and it is Caufield's use of color and simplicity that has kept me a fan. To me his work trancends time. Sadly Caufield died in 2005, but I wish like him I could look at every day things with such color and clarity. Scratch your head on that one.

Below are my favorites. Hopefully I will have that art gallery one day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment