Friday, September 18, 2009

NYC Freewrite Part 2

Saturday:
I figure I should write about the rest of my New York trip, before it becomes irrelavent. I guess I'll get to the good part when I finally at the Arroz con Pollo that I've been waiting for all year. Last year I was watching a Bobby Flay Throwdown episode and the featured challenge was La Fond Boricua in Harlem. I've had Arroz con Pollo Mexican style, but this particular one looked like heaven. So I tried to make it and it became so Arroz con NO NO.
Photobucket
Deceptively it looks good, but there was a lot of special Puerto Rican spices that were missing. They just have proper sofrito stuff in Filipino ass Daly City. Plus I slightly burned the rice, and the whole thing was like Chick Cacciatore on rice. Arroz con Pollo fail.

Now take a look at exhibit two. The real thing. The holy grail. *cue angels singing* So pretty so perfect.
Photobucket

After Despo and Chelle let me have my happy moment in Harlem. We went back to Manhattan to go to this spot called Bob's. The music was cool. Too bad there were a bunch of folks there that didn't know how to dance to it. Yeah I was hating, but me and Chelle got our bay area swag on we danced the shit out of that night. I notice that New York nightlife is super ADD. Folks don't seem to stay at a spot for very long, because there are so many other clubs near by, and everything closes at 4AM. It was the hunt for the right vibe, crowed, music, and drinks. Chelle and I decided to take a shot at every spot that we went to, damn it, why did Patron have to cost $11 a shot. Ouch.

This was the song of the night for sure. I don't if it's because it's his new song, but it perfectly complimented my thoughts and mood.


I passed out in a vogue pose. On the bed. I woke up about three hours later. Ouch. No sleep till Brooklyn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment