Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dear San Francisco

Everything of who I am is in this city, but it's time for us to part.

I used to love you. We've been in and out of love for quite a while now.

I can't look over one shoulder anymore. I know you like the back of my hand, and you are so fucking beautiful I would be insane to leave you.

But I have to. It's time.

I promise I will be back. I need a a dream beyond us, but you have provided some of the best experiences I've ever had.

With you, I'm an artist, an activist, a youth advocate, and a best friend.

Why am I now the prodigal daughter?

I have to do this. If not, I will forever be lost in your complications.

Goodbye love. Beautiful Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prodigal?show=0&t=1282778870

Definition of PRODIGAL
1: characterized by profuse or wasteful expenditure : lavish
2: recklessly spendthrift

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

My used of the word Prodigal was an attempt to compare the next phase of my life to that of the parable, The Prodigal Son. However, you can interpret the word however you want to.

Post a Comment