Friday, August 27, 2010

FunEmployment.


Well we all know that the past month has been fun fun fun!

No, you don't think so?

Since I've been back in SF, my mood is up and down depending on where I'm at in the city. I went to a club the other night, that just had too many familiar people and very recent memories. Crying in the bathroom would have been the dramatic thing to do, but I sucked it up like champ and drunk ate some tacos after.

Orale.

As much as I fantasize about my escape from the land of really tragic memories, the past couple of days have actually been a gift.

Although I've always snuck blogging into my work day, I can actually just wake up with a cup of coffee and write.

I've loved to write since the fifth grade, but I've been very insecure about my writing since I graduated college. I'm a comma assassin (I use too many to count), I have too many typos, I sometimes fuck up on grammar, my vocabulary is limited, I'm very unsure about sentence structure, and oh yeah I cuss a lot.

With all things that you love you have to work on them. I love that I can actually practice my writing, and I have the time for it. I'm almost done with the monologue that I have to write for our upcoming women's show. I've never written a full monologue before, but as I'm writing it I'm enjoying the true comedy of tragedy.

"TRAGIC and FRUSTRATING but you are dealing with it like a lion" says my friend Irene who is queen of the queendom that I reside.

This isn't tragic though. It's fun. It's really, really, fun. Trust me. It's super fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment