Monday, May 9, 2011

The Hunt for the Impossible Jordan

I've been chasing a ghost ever since I was thirteen.

I'm sure when I meet him in heaven this is exactly what he's going to to do to me. He's going to put me in a headlock, and say, "You silly girl why have you been sad?"

I ran into this picture while I was in the Philippines. I didn't realize that my cousin had a penchant for Air Jordans just like me.

Well, I thought that these Air Jordans were the Retro 3 black cements, which are being re released this September. However, when I looked closer at the shoes, they don't seem to have the cement design on the top.

So I extra nerded out, and I researched the history of Air Jordans, and which styles were release at around 1989-1992. I've concluded through my research that my cousin is actually wearing the Air Jordan Collezione 19/4. These were released in 1989, which around the time that this picture was taken.
It breaks my heart, because these are even more unattainable than the black cements. I've actually sat with myself and asked why am I so obsessed with these shoes. I guess it allows me to have another part of him with me. I know they are just shoes, so this is not an indication of some deep psychological/grieving issues. Well, haha maybe.

It's a conquest that's both fun and sentimental. To find these shoes is hard enough, and to actually get them in my Kid size will be even harder. I welcome yet loathe the challenge. Oh did I mention that these are freakin expensive? Ha!

In the meantime I settled of some other Jordans just to tie me over, which are the Wolf Grey Air Jordan Retro 5's. I realize that this whole Air Jordan thing is kinda expensive. My brother raises fish, and I hunt for clothes. Whatever, same difference they are both expensive.

The other night a woman took a picture of my Air Jordan 3 White Cement Spizikes, with my Shoeture laces, and it validated my superficial obsession. I get hella love from bouncers for my choices in kicks. They get jealous that their feet are not as small, LOL. The price cut from adult sizes to kids sizes are not that much.

Oh man I wish I was in love with a cheaper shoe.



0 comments:

Post a Comment