Sunday, May 1, 2011

No Facebook Day 28

There are days I'm so emo I belong in a band, stupid hair and all.

Then there are other days I'm driving around in LA, and I'm getting the best sunshine I've ever had. In the time that I've lived here, I've had a wealth of really great life experiences, and profound realizations.

I'm proud of myself for not being afraid to change.

In San Francisco, I was a shell of myself, and didn't know how to make my next move. I knew I wanted to see myself differently, and it took some crazy things to happen in order for me to be solid again.

I was also gifted with great opportunities. I'm in school and I'm happy. I'm writing and I'm working all the time to get to my next goal.

People have asked me if I am going to date while I'm in LA. With me you never really know what's going to happen. I'd like to think of myself as a walking surprise in a box.

Truth be told, I'm just not in the mind state to share my life with someone right now. Or to even initiate it. I feel like I need at least a couple of months, maybe six, to just get my priorities back in order again. Who am I without a man? Well, I'm pretty awesome sometimes, and incredibly more driven.

The priorities are in order, more than ever before. My parents always ask me to move back home, but I'm just not done being a vagabond yet. I have a couple of more months before I figure out where I'm going to go next.

Life is good. It's due to change, but right now it's good.

1 comments:

lexi920 said...

At least you are learning about yourself in great weather. I had to learn about myself during the Seattle rain season - how sad is that?

You are awesome - you don't need a man to know that!

Post a Comment