Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thao and Mirah

UGH.... I hate the fat head in this picture, but I couldn't crop it out.

Thao and Mirah performed at the Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles last night.

I've been itching to see some live music, and when I got the invite I bolted out the door.

Los Angeles has plenty of great music, and Thao and Mirah did not disappoint.

They got a great review in the LA Weekly and apparently their show was not to miss. Both women have their own stylish breathiness to their singing. Thao's is very deep and electric whereas Mirah's is very ethereal. While listening to their set I felt a lot of country and folks influences, and there there were some songs where they rocked the fuck out, and it was awesome.

I even got a picture with them! Oh wait.... woops!


There you go!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i <3 thao!

Post a Comment