Monday, May 24, 2010

Transitions

I got to take a great mini trip to Monterey this weekend. I am fortunate to still have friends that I've known since I was five. That is right not five years ago, but five years old.

My sistergirl Katrina graduated from college, and allowed yours truly to sleep on their comfy couch facing a gorgeous ocean view.

Me, Katrina, Amy, and Missy; we definitely fit that term sisters from another mister. There was a ten year gap where we didn't speak, but in essence I'm not sure if that was necessarily a bad thing.

Are long catch up talks always provide a lot of perspective. The four of us had our own individual journey. They do not see me enough to take my reaction for granted. There are people you see everyday and their individual struggles seem like a collective effort.

Folks who don't see you for years at a time will not call you out on your bullshit. Words are chosen wisely when we don't know when we will see each other again.

I shared some of the most pivotal moments of my childhood with these women. I am forever grateful for the lessons that they have given me about life.

With plenty of wine and cheese to go around I was a drinky fat fat. Life is good. Youth is good.

1 comments:

lexi920 said...

Hey it's Lex again - I'm straight stalking you in the cyber world. Can I be StalkerBOOTCH? Ha I am loving your blog. I keep thinking about starting one too but I am a lazy BOOTCHass and I need a new camera.

Post a Comment