Monday, October 11, 2010

Do Over (LA)

After spending my Saturday in Palm Springs I sped back to LA on Sunday for the Do Over Party in LA. The party takes place every Sunday during the summer.

My friend Carlo put me up on this party about a week ago. I've been itching to go to a good party in LA that is not hella Hollywood fab and it's going to take me four hours to get ready. I want to go to a spot where I can just show up in my Jordans and have a good dance night.

I told my friend Joi about it, and we both thought since the summer has ended that we missed the opportunity. We were both pleasantly surprised to find out that they we extending it till the end of October.

For a minute I was irritated because me and my roomate were in long ass line with a buttload of dudes.

I understand each club has to do their own gender management so that whole night isn't a sword fight, but GEEZUS this line hasn't moved for like 20 minutes. I guess the bouncer saw my annoyance and he let me and my roomate cut in front of all of the dudes. Woot Woot!

I was waiting for Do Over all week and it didn't disappoint. The party is outdoors and the bar in on a deck, and for a minute I felt like I was back in Oakland dancing in someone's backyard.

If only my parents could have been out of town more often in High School that would have been fucking awesome.

Wait a second. My parents were NEVER out of town during High School. BOOO! Check out the Do Over party. It ends this October. Holler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment