Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stories From A Haunted Forest: An night of Filipino American experimental theater

Stories From A Haunted Forest: An night of Filipino American experimental theater is the show that I cam back up for.

I've been doing shadow puppetry for the past four years, and I'm happy to be working with one of my artist mentors again Lorna Velasco.

Lorna trained under Larry Reed and has practically mentored every Bindlestiff show that has a shadow puppet piece in it.

Photo by Yael Villafranca



The piece that I'm performing in this show is called Enkanto. It's about a dwende (dwarf) that becomes a giant/human. The whole show is about Filipino mythic characters. Filipinos have all kinds of myths to explain life and tragedy. As we approach Halloween, which practically celebrates the supernatural I'm delighted to take part in all its complexities.

Did I mention that we are performing at the Presidio, which is also haunted?

Come Check it Out!

WHEN: Saturday, October 30th
Doors open 630pm; Show starts at 7pm

WHERE: Presidio's Log Cabin, 1299 Storey Ave. (Fort Scott District of Presidio)
For directions: http://www.presidio.gov/event/rental/logcabin/log.htm

ADMISSION: This event is FREE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment