Friday, January 21, 2011

January 2011

When I was still in Asia a part of me was eager to get home, because I had a lot of goals that I wanted to accomplish. Now that I'm back here in LA I need to fight laziness and fatigue to get from point A to point B.

I've decided that my phase of intense alone time is over. I'm actually going to find a way to socialize more in Los Angeles. I want to enjoy this city as much as I can, because I don't know where I'm going to be living in the next 6 months.

I'm an adult/kid. I go as I please. I'm here I'm there. Catch me if you can. I'm hardly as glamorous as those Kardashians, but I have a self confidence that I haven't had in a minute. I catch myself playing with hair and feeling cute. Every girl should feel that way, and men get in the way of that sometimes.

As each of my friends are moving up in their careers and having kids, I'm only responsible for myself. I suppose when I'm old I will look on this moment with a lot of relief, that I took this time for myself.

Three years ago I was working full time adult cohabiting with my college boyfriend. I was on top of bills, cooking, and a kick ass credit score. I was in my ultimate adultness. I think all of the girls my age are following an imaginary blueprint, but if the blueprint was enough. I would still be on the wifey track to super adultness

I miss being a hyphey wifey. Although I'm the fun single chick in a sea of couples ALL the time, it sucks to be dancing by yourself when all your girls are dancing with their boyfriends. I can only dance with "George Glass" my imaginary boyfriend for so long. *me doing my awkward robot* However, I've finally broken my pattern of being the serial dater/monogamous.

You know in Eat, Pray, Love when God told Liz to go back to bed. God whispered to me...."You cannot be a hyphey wifey right now." It's a relief to breathe and finally hear myself for once.

Woes aside, dating is not ideal right now. Five months ago it was a choice that I made out of anger from being betrayed. I'm focused on myself to get to where I need to go. I wish I would have taken more risks when I first graduated from college, and I'm doing that right now.

The first step was school. When I got home I immediately enrolled in the UCLA extension writing program. It was recommended by another mentor in Writegirl. It's my first college class in five years, and I'm looking forward to extending my writing community. It will also help me in developing a manuscript for grad school applications.

The second step is an internship, which hasn't been fully executed yet. I'm trying to expand my skill set so I'm looking at different opportunities. If there is an opportunity to follow Lindsey Lohan get her cocaine, and she hires me to brush it off her nose. Then I'll take it!

Bad joke I know. Jokes aside Boothebootch has been a great release to me. I never thought blogging would be therapeutic, but it sure saves a lot of money! The blog has grown with a lot of trial and error, but I think I've found my blogging style. I've been through the self loathing phase, the bitchy phase, the preachy phase, and the silly phase. All these phases have entertained friends, lovahs, and god knows who else.

Happy New Year to Boothebootch and to all you other bootches out there! Lets keep laughing.


2 comments:

TJ said...

Looking awesome, Ying!

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Thank TJ! 2011 is the year of the Chinay!

Post a Comment