Monday, January 31, 2011

Second Draft of Monologue DONE. Whew!

I just finished my second draft of my monologue, which I hadn't opened in five months. I got to read it with new eyes, and I got polish it to make it more "Fictional" rather than a personal narrative. My goal was to take "me" out of the piece as much as I can.

When I first wrote it I was very angry. The piece should have been called "Christina's written therapy." I hope the piece is actually stage worthy, but we shall see as drafts are being passed around and critiqued.

Looking at it now I feel a million miles away from it, which is exactly where I need to be.

My monologue is a mix of Dexter and Rupaul's drag race. I look forward to seeing it on stage, because I don't really want to perform this piece. The real life version was enough, and the fantasy version is just a little overkill. I'm getting feedback from a great actress friend of mine, who I hope will perform it.

I need a wordy and gutsy bootch to execute this character. God send me one.

1 comments:

Post a Comment