Monday, March 21, 2011

Jo Koy at The San Jose Improv

Omg this picture makes me SWOON! Except I kinda look like a CHEESE Monster.

So there is a long journey that proceeded this picture, which I would to name "MY DREAM PROM DATE!"

Jo Koy is regular on Chelsea Lately, which is a show that is basically my pacifier before I go to sleep. I jokingly tell folks that Jo Koy is my baby daddy, and some don't get it, but whatever I'm a sucker for dudes that make me laugh.
Aivy and I were supposed to see him last year at the San Francisco Comedy improv, and the tickets did say " Jo Koy." *Scout's Honor*

When Aivy and I got to our seats, I noticed that there were NO Filipinos to be seen, which I thought was kinda odd. I was in denial that I had bought tickets for the wrong show, so I decided to sit through the show, because... I'm stupid.

Aivy and I sat through three hours of HORRIBLE stand up comedy. With one lousy comic after another, I had hoped in my little angelic heart that Jo Koy was going to be closer to this awful madness.

The last comic is about to perform. My heart my beating, and I'm thinking "This better be Jo Koy...... or I'm going to HULK SMASH the whole city of San Francisco.

The comic says, "Let me introduce our very last comic..... JOOOOOOO...........*insert White guy last name*" NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! ra;oev ropq4iuq4p39by6pu35r[34089~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I caught wind that he was coming to San Jose improv during the week I would be in the Bay. So Aivy and I got tickets to see him. The show was funny as HELL! He was funnier in person than he is on Chelsea Lately.

I stood in line and my heart was HELLA pumping. When I was at the front of the line I tried to contain my cheeseball smile. I properly waited till he was done with the big Vietnamese group in front of me. We locked eyes, and I DIED! I walked to him slowly, and I couldn't say a freaking word. He noticed that we were wearing the same thing, and he asked me about my jacket. Then he said to me, "You're pretty. What's your name?"

Cue CHRISTINA DYING! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

After the show Aivy and I wanted to do some booty shaking. We walk over to the club that is behind our car. It's about 1AMAfter refusing to pay $20 for one hour of dancing at a whack ass club. The security guard treats me like Helen Keller, and physically walks me to the box office, and points to sign with the $20 admission fee.

Wow, what. A. Dick. Head.

So decide to go to the FREE bar next to the San Jose Improv and guess who is there?

Tee hehehe! I get an even better with him than I did just two hours before.

There are two lessons to be learned here. Great things ALWAYS come to those who WAIT, SUFFER, and SMASH!!!!!!!!!

Two, do not get suckered into pay $20 for a dumb club at 1AM.

As Aivy and I leave the San Jose, the city that we loathe, there is a fight taking place behind our car.

"Aivy is that real?"

"Yes it is. Lets go."

Let me tell you that the fight was super sorry to the point that I couldn't tell if it was real. LOL

Oh what a night! Thanks Aivy for going through the whole journey with me ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you end up at the wrong comedy show??? lol!! I love Jo Koy..although not in the same way as you ;)

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

I bought the tickets online, and it said Jo Koy. I have no idea why it happened, but I was super pissed.

aivy cordova said...

CHRISTINA SMASHHHHHHHHHH! HAHAHHHA

Love you, bootch.

Post a Comment