Monday, May 23, 2011

No Facebook Day 50

I'm relieved to be without that evil fucking website. Whenever I hear conversations of adding this person or that person, but that person will get mad, or my feelings are hurt because he/she added this person, I'm just more than pleased to not relate or participate. In one single sweep I annihilated all of the people that don't mean shit to me.

Facebook doesn't let you move on from people you are not supposed to see anymore. The old workers, classmates, and frenemies are are not supposed to be in your life. Me and the rest of our society, are losing the ability to let go, and value our privacy. Instead of enriching the connections that are meaningful, Facebook trapped me in the vortex of pictures, creepy chats, and really, really, stupid updates of people who I just wanted to let go.

I suppose I'm living a really unconventional lifestyle right now, that is more secluded than my peers, but for real, there should be only five people at most that should know every single thing about you. Your mother shouldn't know where the fuck you go at 3am, as you are checking into a god forsaken shit hole getting drunk.

I know that 50 days without Facebook has made me into a grouch, but I'm a happy grouch. I've been busy and productive. I'm emotionally growing, my writing is getting better, and I'm overall, I'm just a happy camper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment