Thursday, June 2, 2011

Writing is Rewriting

I'm currently working on three rewrites right now. It's the part of writing I hate, because it's a lot of fixing. I'm usually horrible at editing, sentence structure, and tenses. I was really excited writing these pieces, now I'm nauseated from looking at them over and over again.

I'm trying to start my days earlier instead of ending them later. I'm at my most efficient when I've had my first cup of coffee, and not when I'm smoking my first bowl.

I also had this weird odd job this week, that required a lot of manual labor. A British classmate of mine, said that I "Didn't look like the type that did manual labor." I laughed, because I didn't know if that was a compliment, or if I truly just look like a lazy ass. Whatever the case, I was dead tired in class last night, and the fatigue is carrying over into the weekend.

I'm using my left over brain space to figure out how I can continue to create this balance of work and writing. It's where I'm at my happiest. I really grateful.

Welcome June. I love it when you are here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment