Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July Shenanigans

My July has been pretty awesome so far. Although, I've been super stressed about the GRE, I've managed to still have fun this month.

Fourth of July is not really a big deal for me, but in the bay we always go to my aunt's house and she makes steak sandwiches.

My friend Oli had a get together at his apartment in Los Feliz. I'd thought I'd bring bay area auntie flav to party so I bought a shitload of steaks from Vons. The prices for steaks was a steal.

I think I got like 15 steaks for $20. I bought some french rolls and white onions.

Grill the onion and add some mayonnaise and you have a really great steak sandwich. So there were about seven of us, and we killed ALL of the steaks.

Did I mention we also had bacon wrapped hot dogs, bacon wrapped bake potatoes, watermelon, prosciutto and peaches, cucumber salad, and Thai rice?

We were eating enough to feed a village, and my stomach was mooing all the way home. The roof at Oli's apartment is at eye level with the Dodger's stadium, and we were able to catch the fireworks. It was awesome!


The apartment also has peacocks walking around. Here's the alpha peacock finding refuge from all of the noise.
My friend Judith also celebrated with us. One of my favorite bloggers Yoshi did a post about hand pulled noodles, and it's been stuck in my brain since. I inserted the craving into Judith's head, so we headed down to the San Gabriel Area to find some. I played detective Yelper, and found Kam Hong Garden. The food here is AMAZING. Huge portions, fresh noodles, and the dumplings are to DIE for! I'm talking like an annoying yelp review, but I fucking swear this place is the business. Please be jealous of the pictures below.


My amazing shrimp and pork dumpling looking at me and taunting my weakness.

Roommate is KO'd by the Noodles
Slurp Slurp Slurp! Sluuuuuuurp!
My Friend Ava also stopped by LA for the Backstreet Boys/NKOTB concert. She's been a die hard NKOTB Blockhead ever since I've known her. She and I ate at Bottega Louie, which has the best pasta pomordoro this bootch has ever tasted!

Yes, this license plate is for real.
Yes, those are the autographed signatures of all of New Kids, except for Jordan.

Me and Miss Ava!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder Judith was texting me to find hand pulled noodles! Thought that was so random. Good seeing you, bootch!

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

You too!

Post a Comment