Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Undeniables

I have three blogs now. It's madness, but I swear that I'm not that narcissistic.

All of my UCLA courses have ended, and I'm eager to keep my writing momentum going, so I joined an online writing workshop called The Undeniables. My friend Cindy previously joined the group to showcase academic writing and she highly recommended the series to me. All of the participants are expected to create their own wordpress blog and create a post every day.

One of the biggest challenges about being a great writer, is not making the time to do it. The greatest writers of our time had a schedule. I read that Tennessee Williams and Ernest Hemingway always began their writing at dawn. Well I'm still asleep at dawn, but if I can find an hour a day to write then I shall!

I contacted them sometime in late June about the next session. I thought I would have a month to dilly dally, but then I got an email back on June 29th: We are starting in two days! Are you up for the challenge? Ak! I have my GRE? What am I going to do? Well I made time for it, because that is what am supposed to do as a writer. Make time to write.

The other participants in this series are amazing. Please click here to check out the other scribes.

Here is my third blog dedicated to flash fiction. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment