Monday, October 24, 2011

Enjoying the Success

Aureen Almario in "The Word of Oprah"
There couldn't have been a harder time for us to open this show. For the first time in my life I had to write a tribute for a friend that passed, and include it into our program.  

The title "Death of a Player" brought a lot of irony, but E. wouldn't mind :) I think he liked the title.

The show is getting a lot of positive reviews. Our artistic peers and new folks coming to the theater for the first time, have given us outstanding feedback on the writing and acting. I couldn't be any happier. 

When other writers come up to me telling me they loved my piece, it's a strange feeling. Most of my fellow artists at Bindlestiff know me as a dancer, and now some want to collaborate on future writing projects.  WOW! 

It's flattering yet humbling... I'm still chasing a dream, but at least with this production I'm having a taste of it.  I've established myself as a writer. As I approach 30, my identity is finally coming full circle. I'm grateful. 

Below is the list of people that have reviewed and promoted our show.  Thank you... all of you. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment