Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter Updates

Awesome Turban Headband

It's been a minute since I last blogged. Well good news first, I did well on the GRE :)

The improvement was phenomenal, and it attributed to better preparation and a good state of mind. I didn't study on the day of the test, or even the day before. I got some of that good sleep, and on the day of the test I actually took the breaks and ate my snacks.

Let me just say, the improvement was phenomenal. I wish I had learned these skills in high school, but there are a lot of things that I learned from taking this test that will help me for the rest of my life.

Before, my emotions and expectations weighed so heavy on this test. Talking about grad school has been like talking about that great American novel that I have yet to right. People expect that I'll do it because I said I would, but in my heart there were a lot of doubts in my ability. I honestly thought the process would be easy, so I hastily applied to programs that I wasn't sure I would be happy in.

I've made it back to LA, and I gotta finish the rest of of these applications. Christmas was just a mini vacay, and I'm now I'm back on the grind.  I'm applying to a lot of schools this time around, and hoping for the best. It's the recession, and I know that a lot of people are also applying for grad school as well, so it's even more competitive than it was before.

Fuck These Pain in the Ass Cake pops
Emotionally, I'm prepared if I don't get into anything. I could sit here and be scared and discouraged, or try my damnedest and move on. There's no use in being stuck in what you couldn't have at the time that you wanted it.

Christmas was hella crazy! I got into the bay on the 21st and decided as soon as I landed that I was going to make cake pops for my family. I think from the 22nd-24th I made like a thousand of those stupid ass cake pops.  I did a cookie dough and red velvet cake pop.

The cookie dough cake pop (link to recipe) was kind of the bomb, the red velvet not so much. The red velvet cake kept breaking off. UGH!  Because the cookie dough cake pops were the prettiest, I gave those as gifts. I left the red velvet on the dessert table, and no one touched them :( They were not as big of a hit as I hoped, but now I know how to make them, and will do better next time.

Aside from my cake pop melt down, I had a great time seeing family and friends.  I know I was super stressed before, but everything went well. It was great to see all of my nieces and nephews, and I tried to make it a point to talk to as many of them as possible. I remember holding most of them as babies, and now they are driving!  My family is getting larger by the second as I am getting older.

Every Christmas could be just as good as this one. It will take some serenity prayers and preparation, which I learned the hard way. Anyhoo, HO HO HO y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment