Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happyness

I opened up my email from NorthWestern University....
"Christina - just left you a phone message. Congratulations on your acceptance to Northwestern's MFA in Writing for the Screen and Stage. I'm just confirming on behalf of the faculty our hope that you'll be joining us next year."
I was at my internship mind you when I received this email. I fought the urge to scream it out loud to the whole office, but I instead kept it to myself and told them I had to move my car.

As I walked to my car I wailed into my hands. The sun was beaming onto my face as the happiest tears of my life streamed down my face.  I would smile, then laugh, then cry, and repeat the cycle over and over again until I was able to get to the car and call my mom.

"Mom they accepted me. I can't believe they accepted me."

"I'm so proud of you honey."

"Mom, I've never been so happy."

I had kicked my own fucking ass for so long.  Every horrible moment that lead up to Tuesday had made sense and the oldest of pain was finally able to go away.  I fell to my knees, kissed the floor, and looked to the sky.  As a little girl I had always wanted to be a professional writer, and now I have the rest of my life to be one.

I'm grateful that I didn't get into grad school twice before. This was the school I was meant to get into. I am no longer going to be taken away from my life's purpose.

This part of my life... this little part is called happyness.

4 comments:

Juli said...

I am SO happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lexi920 said...

Yes, you are on your way! You control your destiny...you are making it happen. You are providing me hope. I'm still trying to find my way but I'm glad that you have set example to us that anything is possible if you have hope and the fight to never give up on your dreams!

I'm so proud of you!!

Dusty said...

Heya future classmate,

I just got my acceptance email today and am so freaking giddy that I've been Googling everywhere to find who else is going to be there. Congrats and I can not wait til the fall. :D

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Hi Dusty! I'll be seeing you there :) Congrats!

Post a Comment