Monday, October 4, 2010

Namaste Bootch

For the past three weeks I've been a beast. A namaste beast.

Note the highschool sweatshirt and nanay duster dress I'm wearing. Yes this is what I wear around the house.

My workout regimen consists of mostly yoga and jogging. I found a yoga studio near my house that has $5 yoga hour. The classes are great considering how cheap they are. I've always wanted to do Yoga on a regular basis. In my old age I want to be a Yogi and a dance instructor, the fact that I can do Yoga five days a week is a blessing.

I've been dancing since I was a kid, so I take my flexibility for granted. When there is a pose that I can't do, I catch myself literally saying "FUCK THIS POSE." Then I look around and make sure none of the peaceful hipsters heard me.

It's been helping at getting my mind right. Coincidentally it's been helping me in my quest to become a runner, because now I can actually get through 30 minutes of jogging without giving up. Last week I ran about seven miles, which is pretty small time. Oh did I mention that I HATE running? You couldn't get me to run anywhere unless there were a pack of tigers chasing me.

Fuck Running. It's boring. Whenever people talk about marathons it's just a bunch of bla bla blahersons to me. Running is not fun and there is no way that I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Well look what happened. I'm giving it a try. My goal is to run two miles in twenty minutes, and I'm about five minutes away from achieving it. We'll see if there is a marathon in the future. For right now, I'm enjoying the time that I have to work on these two things.

3 comments:

aivy cordova said...

A family friend teaches yoga at Equinox, Sports Club, Yoga Loft and some other places... see if you can get any classes with Andrew Abaria! Tell him Ray Cordova's cousin sent you :)

Did I tell you that on Saturday, Pete is making me run 13 miles in San Francisco? If I collapse, he has to take me to Mitchell's.

Anonymous said...

Dancer’s pose is a yoga staple. It is a great concentration improver and yoga guru Leeann Carey says it also a great stretch for the shoulders and chest. She has a free yoga video on dancer’s pose that I thought your readers might like: http://www.planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/free-yoga-video-dancers-pose/

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Thank you both for the helpful resources. I am excited to try out both classes :)

Post a Comment