Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brain Fries

To get into grad school you need to write a personal statement and a statement of purpose.

I looked for programs that didn't require GRE. The last time I took the GRE I bombed big time. I Atomic bombed to the point where I left the testing site in tears.

I would rather write for ten hours instead of studying for a test that I don't fucking care about. I suppose this is where my strengths begin and end.

I have to write a manuscript; a non fiction prose. As I begin to type my mean insecurity takes over me. There are people that enjoy my writing, but I'm not sure if it's worthy of a prestigious MFA program. I still have to google certain words because I don't know how to spell them. Does Columbia have to know this?

As I begin to type I can't breathe because I hate everything that I am typing. Perhaps I hate it because I am typing a memoir. I'm trying to make it funny, but it's actually very painful. I resent the fact that I have to revisit these moments, but if they manage to get me into grad school I will thank my lucky stars that they happened.

I've always wanted to write a book, and my goal was to write one by the time I turned 30. I entered college with the hopes of gaining a writing career out of it, but there were other things that distracted me. Aside from winning an awesome dance competition, writing is my dream. I need to keep doing this and not be discouraged.

No boys or facebooking. Light blogging is allowed. I need to get my brain working and ready to write. It's like a warm up mile before a race.

Chug Chug CHOO CHOO bootch.

1 comments:

lexi920 said...

So also add to your list:
NO AMERICA'S BEST DANCE CREW tryouts either!

You said it - it sucks to revisit a painful memory in the name creative work. But it happened for a reason so we can rise above it and share our stories with others so they too can learn or laugh at our misfortune.

I'm proud of you BOOTCHY BOO! You can do it - see you helped influenced me too!

Post a Comment