Thursday, March 31, 2011

PMSTA Reading

Bindlestiff Studio had their Wordy Word Wednesday last night, an open mic for artists that are virgin or returning to the stage.

PMSTA hosted last night with great turnout and support. I'm very excited about the show, and a part of such a great collective. The show has a lot of sass and reflection. I felt that the material was met with a positive response.

My friend Tonilyn read my piece on the mic. She's pretty bubbly and outgoing, and wanted to meet the challenge of playing a psycho. She did a really great job! It was weird for me to hear my words being read back to me.

It was empowering for many reasons. I'm relieved to have let go of a lot traumatic experiences through this process. I've turned it into a pretty funny story, and as a result I've learned to let a lot of things go.

I like the phrase "moving forward" more than moving on. Moving on is so definite and unforgiving when you have a bad day. I've moved forward, although some days I veer to the side. My writing and my dreams continue to keep me positive and I still have a lot to look forward to.

Thanks PMSTA

0 comments:

Post a Comment