Thursday, January 5, 2012

Santee Alley: The Harajuku of Los Angeles

My good mate Joi is a very talented fashion stylist. Meaning this bootch is a professional shopper, and she is my "pusher" for clothes. One day I went to her house, and I saw these super cute Jeffery Campbell booties lying on the floor. When I tried them on she told me that they were knock offs from Santee Alley and she only got them for $25.

So later in the month I met her at Santee Alley, and got a whole bunch of goodies. I had quite an adventure buying a bunch of cheap but fashionable crap.


I'm not sure if I'm committed to labeling Santee Alley as the "Harajuku" of Los Angeles. I just saw that in the google search and I thought it was a funny comparison. Unlike the Harajuku district in Tokyo, you can walk out of Santee Alley with at least 20 items without filing for bankruptcy.

Here's a link to find more info about Santee Alley.

The four items above is pretty much what I walked out with. Okay everything I purchased was fierce, with the exception of the "MAC" makeup. I got super suckered into buying this because of the colors, even though I opened up the products knowing full well that they didn't smell like MAC products at ALL. *FACE PALM* I bought them anyway for $10 each. So I tried the eye shadows, and to my surprise I didn't get an eye infection. The colors are nice on the palette, but they don't blend well. Not worth the $10 or the space in my makeup bag. SORRY!

Okay so in the picture the boom boom shorts look mad pleathery, but I swear they don't look like that in person. The $5 dollar shirt..... well it's a $5 shirt. LOL

My favorite purchases are the eyelashes and the SHOES! I got JC's for $30 and the SE's for $60. I pay about $6 for my favorite fake lashes at Walgreens, so I sort of made a stock pile of eyelashes when I got to Santee Alley. My shoes have gotten a lot of compliments, except from some man friends who think they kind of look ridiculous.

I really want to hammer kick someone in the Sam Edelman knock offs. I have to be careful putting them on or else I'm going to cut myself LOL.

Bring cash and go with a friend. For the most part, you can negotiate a discount if you go with a friend and buy in bulk. Although I joke with Joi that I need to stay away from her, I really just need to stay away from Santee Alley or else I'm going to go bankrupt forreal.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

AMAZING Sam Edelman style booties! any chance you can give an approximation of the store you got them?

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Hey Amanda! The SE's can be seen all up and down the alley, but I got these at the end of the alley next to the Chocolate store. But I promise you if you just walk a couple of feet as soon as you get to the alley you will find the SE's. Good luck!

lexi920 said...

Cute booties BOOTCH!

Amanda said...

thanks so much for the tip!!! went this weekend and picked up a pair for myself for $45! in love!

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Good for you. Cheers!

Post a Comment