Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Toodles

There's not enough shopping or baking to make up for my neurosis, but because of it, I have a bitchin shoe collection right now.

It was suggested to me to put all of the things that trigger worry into a box, so I did. Now it's in a storage unit that is far away from me.

It's been a couple of days since I've done this, and I'm ashamed to admit that I miss some of the items. I know this is strange. You shouldn't have to miss the things that worry you, but sometimes the worry is a comfort when you are by yourself in a large city.

I have a couple of nieces and nephews who are about to enter adult hood.  Some of them are very afraid to grow up. I have very clear memories of their parents when they were teenagers,  and the attitude towards growing up couldn't be any different.

It's so funny to me, because I was like a bat out of hell when I turned 18. All of a sudden I could stay out all night, I could date, and do all the debouchary that I had always wanted to do. Now I would beg the gods to let me go back to high school so I can do it over again. So I guess, I don't blame my nieces and nephews for not wanting to grow up.

I have one more school to apply to, and then I just sit on my hands and wait. It's time to for the stressful ritual of looking for a job.  I need to channel my worry from comfort to motivation. Lets get it cracking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment