Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Budget Bardot



One of the benefits of having long hair is that I can finally get that perfect bed head look that I love so much.

In my perfect fantasy I'm stepping out of my car during high noon as I whip my hair from side to side stopping traffic!

Yeah no... it's not like that in real life :(

But there's an aspect of my personality that tries to summon Brigitte Bardot. It's a fun look to do especially when you instantly need to feel hot, when you've haven't been feeling pretty all day.

Everyone relates to Bardot for her effortless sexuality and beauty.

 It contradicts a new phase in beauty, which is just way to much effort and time. I blame the Kardashians. Although I can't stop watching them >_<

In this particular picture I was super pissed off at my bangs. They were growing out and I spent about an hour trying to figure how I was gonna leave the house without blowing a gasket. So my answer was to clip them back and tease the shit out of the crown of my head. I half hazardly curled the ends, did a smokey eye, and voila I can leave the house!

Things to note that I did for this look: A conventional comb and a shit ton of hairspray will keep your hair bed sexy steady. I did some contouring to my face before I did my eyes. If I had more time I would have set my hair in velcro rollers and then teased. Oh, and add some fake eyelashes to finish the look :)

Below is a great video that I found to help you with the look.  The woman below actually sort of looks like Brigitte Bardot, which is kind of cool.  Of course I follow Projface on youtube. She uses the Wet N Wild comfort zone palette in a lot of her looks, and I often look to her smokey eye tutorial to get tips on how to do a pull it off with an Asian face.

Both women give an awesome tutorial. Enjoy!

4 comments:

lexi920 said...

Awesome - I have the same Wet n' Wild palette. Don't you just love it?? lookin' good!!

The Bootch Manifesto. said...

Thanks girl!

TJ said...

Looking gorg, Ying!

aivy cordova said...

BUDGET BARDOT! Nice play on words!

Post a Comment