Tuesday, June 26, 2012

20 Going on 30

Left 20 Right 30

So I'm 30. Wtf I just graduated high school. I can't be 30.

These thoughts sent me into a major freak out the week before my birthday, and wanted to run out the door screaming and crying.


Well I'm glad I didn't run, because my actual birthday was pretty awesome.  I didn't quite have the clarity that I wanted, but amount of love and fun that I got for that whole week was enormous.

In approaching this new decade, I'm going to make some promises to myself that I wished I did when I was turning 20. I wanted to do one of those 30 things to have and know by the time your 30 list, but I don't really have that much wisdom right now. So I'll try with 5 things.

1. I'm going take it easy on myself, because a mistake is not the end of the world. I've learned that there is a second chance.... almost ALWAYS.

2. Love is a battlefield and not an Armageddon. There is life after a breakup.

3. Beauty is awesome, obsessing over it is ugly.

4. Quit with that half glass empty shit. Pom pom parties are better than pity parties.

5. Dude. Have fun. Really. Have as much fun as possible, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Love it, LOVE it; congratulations twice: Once on turning 30, and once again--a BIG congrats--on hitting the milestone with some very precious clarity. I hated turning 30 and had a major hissy fit. By the time I hit 31, I realized that was a very adolescent thing to do, and I've never been ungrateful about a single birthday since.

P.S. Side note: Lovely Daughter #2 got into Harvard Grad School!

christina.coolhunt said...

Hi Juli!

Thank you for wisdom. I'm sure this tantrum will subside by next year :)

Congrats for your daughter! That's a huge accomplishment to have a kid who's about to "go to school in Boston" aka the best school in the world.

Take Care :)

Post a Comment