Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Smokey Eye and Big Hair: Urban Decay Naked Palette

The Perfect Smokey Eye



The Urban Decay eye shadow palette has been the bane of my existence.

I was really excited when I first bought it, but as time went on I found that the colors were not as awesome as I hoped they would be.

The palette has a bunch of colors that would look great on any skin tone, but it just didn't go well with mine. Or so I thought.

I decided to make a plan of attack, cuz god forbid I wasted $50 on an eye shadow palette,

So I bought better brushes and watched a couple of youtube tutorials, and I think I've found eye shadow success!

For years I've been working on my smokey eye, but there was really no technique to it. All I did was fill my lids with black shadow, without any sort of blending or layering. I looked like a raccoon by the end of the night. It wasn't until I found this video below that I finally had an "aha" moment with my makeup, and I achieved success!

Homegirl in the video is using the Naked 2 palette, which I heard is so much better. However, I used the colors on the Naked palette in the same order as she demonstrated, and my eyes were the best that they've ever looked. Be sure to have a lot of eye shadow primer. I used M.A.C prep and prime eye

The tools that I listed in my Polyvore collage are most of the tools that are in the video. Of course I did some contouring to my face to add to the effect of the look.


As for my hair, I cannot find the original video that I used to learn how to do "Kim Kardashian" hair. I remember I did the look for my homegirl for a wedding, but big hair cannot be achieved without velcro rollers. The video below is the closest to what I do for my hair, except I tease the crown a bit before I put the rollers in for that extra Jersey effect.

My hair is super long, so to get the sex bomb hair takes about an HOUR. However, I love sporting this style for special occasions. Once you get it right you feel instantly sexy, like Jessica Rabbit sexy :)  As they say, the bigger your hair... the closer you are to god.

1 comments:

lexi920 said...

HA - well done! Yeah I have to comment that I'm super happy with my Naked 2 palette. You look way better than Kim K - so tired of her.

Post a Comment